Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Finally Visited the Dermatologist

I finally visited the dermatologist Dr Valarie Callender at the Callender Laser and Skin Care Institute about 2 weeks ago. I really like Dr Callender, our appointment was quite short but she was pleasant to talk to. She examined my face and obviously was very familiar with my skin problem. My acne is caused by bacteria under the skin - I was prescribed an anti biotic Adoxa and a Retin-A cream - Torazac. She also gave me some samples to start using because of the delays in getting the prescription filled. I also received samples of Ambi fade cream. I'm so glad I got the samples because I still don't have the prescription filled because of pre-authorization issues with the insurance company. Hopefully that should be resolved by next week.

Some Before and After Shots


I see definite improvements already in my skin, but I won't say too much right now. Let's see what happens when I go through my 'cycle'. Will I have another massive eruption of zits or will things be under control?

More to come so please stay tuned :)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Locs2Envy said...

Hi, I just came across your blog and wanted to share my experience with you. I went to a dermatologist due to some skin issues very similar to yours, was told that I needed all of these meds due to having "large amounts" of bacteria and fungus (he never examined me - just looked)in my blood. I refused to purchase the expensive med combo. Last week I went to an herbalist and was told the same thing about my skin. I was given wonderful products to clean from the inside outward. My skin is RADIANT in one week. If you haven't gotten your meds filled and are interested in what helped me at a fraction of the costs send me an email via my blog at nihurussisterlocks.blogspot.com

9:15 AM  
Blogger Funlayo said...

I will be in touch

9:21 AM  
Blogger Locs2Envy said...

Hi,

Nihuru here.....how's your skin? Have you tried any of the items that I mentioned?

11:23 PM  
Blogger Locs2Envy said...

I forgot...my new blog address is lovinmylocs2.blogspot.com
Nihuru

11:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Totally know where you're coming from. I have adult acne. It flared up when i stpooed taking the pill. I went to the dermatologist. He perscribed clindamycin (antibacteial to prevent breakouts) and differin gel (topical thinkgy that shrinks existing ones). Within 8 weeks, i had clear skin. :)

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home