Saturday, January 26, 2008

The State of Affairs on My Face

Sorry I haven't posted photos as promised showing my progress to beautiful skin. Well the reason there are no photos is because I have made no progress. I am still breaking out, waaaah! I am so upset! You all know I am into natural beauty and skincare right? Well every time I tell people that I make natural skin care products, the first thing they do is look at my face and right now my face is not good for business.

Here are some additional options I am looking into

1. Make appointment to see dermatologists - It's so hard to get an appointment and harder still to find a black one who understands how black skin tend to get blotchy. Not to say that there are no white ones who do. Hmmm maybe I can find an Indian doc, they should understand colored skin.

2. Re evaluate the stress levels in my life. Running business, family, job, church is good stress but stress non the less. Could my work and social life be ruining my skin?

3. Visit my primary care physician for check up. My sister who is also an MD, recommends that I get my thyroid levels checked. Apparently having abnormal thyroid levels can cause breakouts.

I gotta get my face clear. I am just too old and too pretty to have zitty cheeks :0

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Naturally Sophia said...

Have you considered your diet? Also, you look lovely, I didn't notice any acne problem.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Funlayo said...

I'm not sure what to eliminate from my diet. Aside from chocolate, most of what I eat seems ok. Are there any foods I need to be wary of? Could I be allergic to something. Talk to me please ....

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could definitely go to your Gen. Physician and ask for an allergy test, I hear they can be extensive if you have no idea what you may be allergic to. Have you switched detergents lately? Are you broken out all the time or just at certain times? Do you drink alot of caffeinated products? Do you get your H2O in? Also remember, it does take time for new facial regimens to work and at times your breakouts may get worse before getting better. Our skin goes through cycles.

If you're trying to go the natural route have you thought of an herbalist consult? They focus more on natural internal remedies.

Here's an interesting one... I've know people who say Yoga has cleared up their skin. I guess the release of stress and tension and the increase in circulation helps..

I went to a couple dermatologists for my skin and all the prescribed creams increased my faces sensitivity to sun and it was always irritated.

Sorry to ramble...Hope your current regimen starts working...

12:14 AM  
Blogger Dami said...

hi there. stumbled upon your blof. i'm a fellow naija gal in md. i braidlocked about 2 months ago and will be checking in on your progress. i'd also like to see what works for your acne because i do get them too. take care and good luckw ith everything!

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home